Ubisense is seeking a Senior Consultant to support our Web and Mobile Mapping Software Delivery efforts for domestic and international enterprise customers. The successful applicant will join a dynamic team and enjoy working with complex applications and products that utilize software, GIS, engineering and problem-solving skills. Our flexible scheduling and outstanding benefits support success in a highly creative, innovative, and energetic company.
As an integral part of the Ubisense geospatial project delivery team, the successful candidate will be a key contributor on a project team implementing Ubisense products to our customers in the Utility and Telecommunications markets. The role is expected to be capable of working independently as well as in a team, and should have working knowledge of software implementation methodologies.
The key responsibilities include the following:
· Gather client requirements and perform implementation design based on the analysis of those requirements.
· Excellent problem solving skills, providing consulting to clients based on current operational processes and their fit with Ubisense products.
· Develop, test and maintain solutions built on Ubisense products.
· Automated testing
· Configuration management
· Technical documentation of software design
· Ability to travel 25-50%
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic individuals with a strong technical and consulting background in general software engineering skills related to the following.
· Experience with SQL and RDBMS technology (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite)
· Experience with Linux System administration and bash scripting
· Experience with Geospatial Information Systems or web mapping
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication, client relationship and interpersonal skills
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
· Minimum 5 years of technology and industry experience
· US citizenship or permanent residency required
· Experience with Enterprise Integration especially webservices
· Experience of mobile application development (iOS, Android, Windows)
· Experience with ETL tools such Safe Software’s FME or GeoKettle
· Experience with one of: Java, .Net or Python
· Experience of utility or telecoms industries
· Experience using Git or other distributed version control systems
Following the successful product introduction of a new generation enterprise web mapping application based upon Google and open source software, Ubisense is expanding the Project Delivery team in Denver and requires software engineers with experience of mobile and enterprise web application development to implement new product releases for our North American customer base.
Ubisense is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with offices in the USA, Canada, France, Germany and Japan.