Ubisense is rapidly expanding and has over 27,000 everyday users of its myWorld solution. We are seeking a high energy, ambitious Sales Director to lead growth into the US electric and gas service provider market. This position will be responsible for go-to-market strategy as well as direct sales of our enterprise solutions into new utility accounts as well as grow business within our existing accounts.
This role will also be tasked with identifying new applications in partnership with customers and working with the Ubisense engineering and marketing teams to bring them to market.
This customer-facing position comprises the following objectives and tasks:
- Manage and close deals focused on software licenses and M&S, with vision for a multi-year relationship
- Aggressively generate new leads and opportunities in the target market utilizing best practice methods
- Correctly qualify prospects and leads to identify relevant business opportunities in utility and related markets
- Create and execute account plans and strategies (we use the ValueSelling Framework®) to close new business
- Present comprehensive business solutions including customer returns on investment and negotiate terms at senior levels of the customer’s organization
- Accurately forecast sales revenue, based on in-depth understanding and sound judgment, taking into account revenue recognition implications
- Achieve the agreed sales target
- Extensive domestic (>50%) and some international travel
Excellent complex and strategic selling skills are essential since the primary target is large enterprise size companies. The candidate must be comfortable addressing business and technical managers both on an individual level and in groups.
- Over 5 years of experience in closing “big ticket”, complex software sales solutions
- Proven record in selling enterprise software into the North American utility market
- Direct experience with and established executive level relationships at key utilities
- Experience and knowledge of planning and engineering, field operations, and construction processes.
- Strategic sales skills to manage large complex and global accounts
- A technical grasp in order to add value to customer discussions and translate product strengths into business benefit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly articulate and persuasive
- Gravitas, charisma and knowledge to be credible in complex discussions and negotiations
- A very high level of personal drive and motivation, focused on results
- A willingness and desire to get involved in the sales activity at every level
- Work remotely from manageable home location, preferably near airline hub or market nexus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university in Engineering, Business, or related field
- US citizenship