Ubisense virtualises physical process controls and removes the constraints of traditionally fixed workstations. This frees up planning teams from fixed TAKT times and can better align process design with product complexity. Operational teams can quickly reconfigure and rebalance the line to rapidly react to product and process changes.
Process Control has been designed to help alleviate the challenges caused by the inflexibility of traditional assembly processes in two key areas of planning and operations.
|Planning challenges||Operational challenges|
|Inability to interleave variable length processes into the same physical space||Line stops caused by overrunning stressed processes|
Inability to incorporate long takt-time workstations
Cost and inconvenience of relocating fixed tooling
|Reduced productivity from unavoidable waiting time||Cost and inconvenience of relocating fixed process control infrastructure.|
|Wasted time due to manual product identification|
Inability to incorporate mobile processes including online rework and digital inspection
Process Control replaces mechanically defined workstations with software-defined work zones in order to:
- Automatically reconfigure work zone length to match model and type
- Seamlessly integrate extended-length work zones
- Allow work zone overlap to eliminate waiting time
- Eliminate manual product identification time required to trigger processes
- Create virtual work zones that follow the product to control mobile device behaviour
- Allocate temporary work zone extensions to complete overrunning tasks
- Drag and drop digital tethers to rapidly relocate tools to different work zones
- Drag and drop digital identification points to rapidly relocate process controls.
What our clients say
Aldric Pavec, Claas Production Manager, said: “As a leading tractor manufacturer throughout Europe, Claas offers an extremely wide choice of vehicle models in order to meet the needs of modern agriculture. By adding Ubisense technology to the facility at Le Mans, we will be able to best cope with product complexity while reducing waste.”
"Ubisense has been a great partner and we're very happy with the support that they’ve given us".
“South East Asia or ASEAN has huge potential as a big growing market and also as a competitive and reliable manufacturing base. This area, in particular Thailand as the leading country in the region, has signs of needing something innovative to stimulate to dramatically heighten their production and logistics capabilities. I believe that Ubisense RTLS will satisfy such requirements due to its unique and distinctive technology.”
Ryoichi Sasaki, founder of Logiprotech and ex President of Toyota Motor Thailand and President of Toyota Motor Asia-Pacific