Ubisense Dimension4 (D4) is a best-in-class precision real-time location system. It consists of hardware, firmware and server-based software components that together have helped D4 become the most widely deployed, high accuracy and production-proven location system in the world.
The Dimension4 Location Platform is a comprehensive package including sensor firmware and server-based software components required to configure, coordinate and manage the Dimension4 RTLS. Scalability and real-time performance lie at the core of the Dimension4 architecture, allowing users to deploy sensor systems that scale from micro-installations (small control systems running on a single machine) through to large sites with several servers and thousands of sensors and tags, with continuous and predictable behaviour.
Dimension4 is used in many sectors including automotive, aerospace, transit, military training, research, sports and healthcare.
Dimension4 sensors are first-class Ethernet connected devices powered over Ethernet (POE) that can be deployed both indoors and outdoors (using appropriate Ingress Protection options).
Dimension4 sensors are precision ultra-wideband (UWB) measurement devices, hosting an array of antennas and ultra-wideband radio receivers for best-in-class detection and localisation of Ubisense UWB tags.
The D4 Timing Distribution Unit (TDU) is a 2U rack-mountable device that provides precise timing synchronisation for up to 21 sensors in a Ubisense sensor network. With a TDU it is possible to reduce the number of long network cable runs required for wide-area installations by combining the network and timing signals needed by each sensor onto a single Cat5e unshielded cable.
Ubisense tags offer industrially-proven reliability and cover a range of tracking and applications needs. Tag variants offer different combinations of battery lifetime, Ingress Protection, robustness and even location modalities (including GPS).
- Management of initial sensor installation and configuration workflow
- Secure centralised management of configuration data for the sensor network
- Real-time coordination of the sensor network to share tag measurements between sensors
- Bayesian filtering of tag measurements to generate accurate tag location data
- Bulk storage and retrieval of measurement and location data for audit and review
- Health monitoring of the sensor network to support proactive maintenance
- System Installation – Components and tools that support efficient and accurate deployment of the D4 sensor system
- Deployment Options – Multiple configuration and operating modes for different tracking use cases and IT environments
- Location Processing – Real-time cellular management and optimization of sensor data using optimal estimation techniques
- Operational Support - Centralised management of sensor network configuration data, real-time coordination of live tag measurements between sensors and component-level operational support tools
- Standards – Standards-based support for on-the-wire integration, over-the-air transmission and UWB signal measurement
- Audit & Optimisation – Storage, retrieval, review and analysis of sensor data for audit, review and preventative maintenance
What our clients say
Aldric Pavec, Claas Production Manager, said: “As a leading tractor manufacturer throughout Europe, Claas offers an extremely wide choice of vehicle models in order to meet the needs of modern agriculture. By adding Ubisense technology to the facility at Le Mans, we will be able to best cope with product complexity while reducing waste.”
Dave Haydon at Outboard said: “We’ve been using Ubisense’s technology for a number of years now and it gives our systems unparalleled precision when tracking performers around the stage. It’s been great working with Finnish National Opera (FNO) and the New National Theatre in Tokyo, two establishments that demand high-quality solutions to deliver their audiences the very best in sound quality.”
"Ubisense has been a great partner and we're very happy with the support that they’ve given us".